Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Sweet After-School Snack Suprise {Recipe} & Looking Forward


Hey guys! Happy 2016! It's been so dead around here, I know!!. I was itching to post but I had a rough start to new year with a traumatic wisdom tooth extraction and back-to-back winter viral attacks for our family. It was no fun and our spirits were down for so long. But I'm happy to say that we are bouncing back and getting back on the swing of things. I have ton of things to catch up on but wanted to take a moment to sit down and look onwards to this year and think about personal and family goals. I don't usually make NYR (for the reasons that we all know) but I think it's important to have some visions, goals as an individual and as a family. I hope to share them with you here in next couple of weeks/months but for now I'll leave you with something sweet to nibble on!

This is one of our favorite after-school snack. It was also recently featured on FeedFeed! It's called Ma Tang (맛탕). It's a candied sweet potato and I've seen many variations of it but I tried making it this way and it was yummy! Boys shouted out big YASS! when I picked them up from school and told them this was waiting for them at home. Hope you guys get to try it and enjoy it. It's perfect for long cold winter days (thinking about the folks in east coast right now buried in snow).

1 // Peel and cut Asian sweet potatoes. 2// Coat lightly with potato starch. 3// Deep fry them in vegetable oil 4// I fry them twice to make it crispy on the outside and softly cooked inside. 5// Drain oil on kitchen paper towel and drizzle with some maple syrup. 6// Sprinkle toasted black sesame seeds. 

TIP: Used oil for frying vegetables can be recycled. Use small round pot to avoid using too much oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...